I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written a post, but with the warm weather we’ve been having I thought it would be fitting to post an awesome side dish or appetizer that you can take to all of those upcoming BBQ’s! Enter the avocado!
Guacamole isn’t just for football games and tailgating. In fact summer is the perfect time for Guacamole because the avocado’s are at their best…green, ripe, buttery and delicious!. Here’s my recipe for Guacamole that comes out perfect everytime.
- 4 ripe avocado’s
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Jalepeno Pepper or 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes
- 1 Tomato (any variety will work – you’ll need at least 5 if you use Grape Tomato’s)
- Salt/Pepper (to taste)
- Handful of cilantro
- 1 juicy lime
- Red Onion – Optional
This is such an easy recipe and something that you can put together in literally five minutes!
- Take the avocado’s, cut them in half and remove the core.
- Next, use a spoon to scoop out all of the buttery flesh into a big bowl. You’ll need a decent sized bowl for this.
- Now cut up your tomato(s) and add it to the bowl.
- Then add in either 1 finely chopped jalepeno or the red pepper flakes. I like my Guacamole spicy so this is perfect!
- Follow up by adding in the chopped garlic and a handful of roughly chopped fresh cilantro. Fresh cilantro is key for this!
- Now top it all off with salt, pepper, and the juice of 1 lime. At this point you can also add in come chopped onion. I’m not an onion fan so I omitted it.
- The final step is to mix everything together; I like a rough mix because I love the taste of avocado, however you can mix it as rough or as smooth as you prefer.
I made this for a BBQ we went to on July 4th and my friend made it look amazing! You can see the platter below. I served it with green pepper and my favorite new chips called PopCorners…Cheesy Jalepeno flavored of course!
Hope you enjoy making this Guacamole and eating it too!